You shine so bright it's insane,
You put the Sun to shame.



17 Again

When you're young, everything seems like the end of the world. It's not, it's just the begining.

Underneath all that male bravado there's a insecure little girl just banging on the closet door trying to get out.

It's called making love, isn't it. I think you do that only when you are in love, and preferably when you're married. When you wanna take that love and turn it into a baby. Because that's what love is. It's the first moment when you hold your baby girl and you didn't know that anything could be so small, or so delicate and you feel that tiny heartbeat and you know you couldn't love anything more in the whole world. And hope that you could do right with that little girl and always be there to catch her when she falls. Not a broken arm, or a bad dream or a broken heart.

Scarlet, before you go through with this, I want to remind you of September 7, 1988. It was the first time that I saw you. You were reading less than zero. You were wearing a Guns and Roses T-Shirt. I’d never seen anything so perfect. I remember thinking that I had to have you, or I’ll die. And then you whispered that you loved me at the homecoming dance and I felt so peaceful and safe because I knew that no matter what happens, from that day on, nothing could ever be that bad, because I had you. And then I grew up and lost my way. And I blamed you for my failures. And I know that you think you have to do this today, but I don’t want you to. I guess if I love you, I should let you move on.